Fringe Gold Coast utility Andrew Boston has announced his retirement from the AFL at the age of 21, saying he has lost the passion to play at the elite level.
Boston had signed a one-year contract extension in July but told the Suns of his intention to leave the club last week and executed a formal release on Monday.
Amazingly, Boston is the third Suns player this year to have retired citing a lack of desire to play in the AFL.
Back in April, Timmy Sumner was released from his deal with the club to allow him to return to his hometown Adelaide.
The Suns also delisted rookie Josh Glenn last week, saying he no longer wished to pursue an AFL career.
"AFL football is a lifestyle, not a job. At the elite level you've got to live football 24/7," Boston said in a statement.
"If you can't live your entire life with the necessary commitment and discipline you won't and can't be elite.
"At the moment I simply don't have the passion required to play at the elite level, and don't want to take a spot on the Suns list that can be given to somebody else."
A Gold Coast junior product, Boston will instead play local football next year.
Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said: "The club understands this was a difficult decision for Andrew and we appreciate his transparency while making his decision.
"The club thanks Andrew for his contribution to the club and we wish him and his family all the best for the future."
Originally taken with pick 55 in the 2013 rookie draft, Boston played 16 AFL games all up, kicking 10 goals.
He kicked a career-best four goals against Greater Western Sydney in round 23, 2013, and had a career-best 22 possessions in Round 11 against Fremantle this year.